Academic Qualifications |
Working Experience |
Professional Services |
- 7/1983 – 9/1986
TA, Department of Basic Courses, Guangdong University of Technology, Guangzhou, China.
- 7/1989 – 7/1993
Lecturer, Department of Basic Courses, Guangdong University of Technology, Guangzhou, China.
- 8/1996 – 1/2001
Assistant & Associate Professor, Department of Applied Mathematics, Guangdong University of Technology, Guangzhou, China.
- 2/2001 – 7/2002
Postdoctoral Fellow, Laboratory for High Performance Scientific Computing and Computer Simulation & Department of Computer Science, University of Kentucky, Kentucky, USA
- 8/2002 –7/2004
Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
- 9/2004 – 8/2011
Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau, Macao, China.
- 9/2011 – Now
Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau, Macao, China.
- Real Analysis II (EDUC305)
- Topics in Mathematics (EDUC418)
- Mathematical Analysis IV (MATH201)
- Ordinary Differential Equations (EDUC353)
- Partial Differential Equations (EDUC446)
- Calculus II (DEUC112)
M.Sc. Theses Supervised
- Numerical Methods for Differential Equations (IMAT009)
- Advanced Mathematics (IMSE002)
- Reading Course (IMAT011)
- Topics in Analysis (IMAT016)
- Topics in Matrix Analysis (IMAT018)
- Advanced Numerical Linear Algebra (IMAT003)
Ph.D. Theses Supervised
- Chi-Keong LEONG (2004--2006)
- Shun ZHANG (2004--2007)
- Venus, Weng Cheng CHIANG (2004--2008)
- Kun-leng LAO (2006--2010)
- Spike Tsz-ho LEE (2007--2010), (received the SIAM Student Travel Award to attend the 2010 SIAM Annual Meeting, July 2010)
- Xin LIU (2008--2010)
- Chun-yang ZHANG (2010--2012)
- Leonard Z. LI (2011-- )
- Jia-qi ZHANG (2012 -- )
Postdoctoral Fellows Supervised
- Hong-kui Pang (2008--2011) (Co-Supervised) (received the Scientific and Technological R&D Award for Postgraduates by Macao Government, October 2012)
- Lu ZHANG (2012 -- )
- Xin LU (2012 -- )
- Xiao-shan CHEN (01-03/2012)
- Ling-li XIE (08-12/2012)
- Hong-kui Pang (09/2012 -- )
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Numerical PDEs
- Control Theory
- Computational Finance
Recent Research Projects (As the Principal Investigator)
- 1/2005-12/2005, “Multigrid Methods for Solving Problems from Markovian Queueing Networks”, Grant RG067/04-05/SHW/FST, from University of Macau.
- 1/2006-12/2006, “High Order Accuracy of the HNG Finite Difference Compact Scheme for Solving PDEs and SDEs”, Grant RG077/05-06/SHW/FST, from University of Macau.
- 1/2009-12/2009, “High Order Scheme for Option Pricing in Jump-Diffusion Model ”, Grant RG063/08-09S/SHW/FST, MOP 134,000, from University of Macau.
- 11/2009-11/2011, Grant 033/2009/A, MOP 349,000, from FDCT of Macao.
- 1/2010-12/2010, “Fast approximation to the Toeplitz matrix exponential with applications”, Grant RG057/09-10S/SHW/FST, MOP 182,000, from University of Macau.
- 6/2011- 5/2013, “High-Order Compact Schemes with Alternating Direction Implicit Methods for Solving Parabolic Equations”, Grant MYRG140(Y1-L2)-FST11-SHW, MOP 532,000, from University of Macau.
- 1/2012-12/2014, “Fast Approximations to the Toeplitz Matrix Functions”, Grant MYRG206(Y1-L4)-FST11-SHW, MOP 1,458,000, from University of Macau.
- 10/2012-10/2014, Krylov Subspace Methods for Exponential Time Integrations with Toeplitz Structure, Grant 005/2012/A1, MOP 720,200, from FDCT of Macao.
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Macau
Av. Padre Tomás Pereira, Taipa,
Telephone: (853) 8397-4455
Fax: (853) 28838314
Personal web: http://www.cis.umac.mo/~fsthws