Seak Weng VONG, George
Academic Qualifications |
Working Experience |
Professional Services |
Selected Publications |
Master Student |
PhD Student |
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, City University of Hong Kong (2005)
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, University of Macau (2000)
- B.Ed. in Mathematics, University of Macau (1996)
|1996-2000||Teaching Assistant, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau.
||Lecturer, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau.
||Assistant Professor, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau.
||Associate Professor, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau.
- Probability and Statistics (MATH111)
- Operations Research I (SFTW122)
- Operations Research II (SFTW221)
- Calculus II (MATB120)
- Complex Analysis (MATB311)
- Real Analysis II
- Discrete Mathematics
- Partial Differential Equations (IMAT010)
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Member of Executive Committee of SIAM - East Asia Section
- Secretary of SIAM - East Asia Section
- Reviewer for Mathematical Review (American Mathematical Society)
- Editor of Numerical Algebra, Control and Optimization (Scopus)
- Serve as a guest editor for the following issues of SCIE journals:
- Vol 4 (1), East Asian Journal on Applied Mathematics
- Vol 7 (4), East Asian Journal on Applied Mathematics
- Vol 11(4), Numerical Mathematics: Theory, Methods and Applications
Link to Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=egECINMAAAAJ&hl=zh-TW&oi=ao
- Computational Linear and Multilinear Algebra
- Hyperbolic Conservation Laws
- Numerical method for partial differential equations
|2016||Macao Natural Science Award from FDCT (second prize), X. Jin, S. Vong, C. Cheng|
Title: Preconditioning techniques for Toeplitz systems with applications
||Long service awards (20 years of service)
Recent Research Projects (Since 2002 - present)
- “Iterative Methods for Solving Inverse Eigenvalue Problems”, Grant no. MYRG062(Y1-L1)-FST11-VSW, from University of Macau.
- “Positive Solutions to the Boundary Value Problems of Differential Equations”, Grant no. MYRG086(Y1-L2)-FST12-VSW, from University of Macau.
- “High order compact schemes of partial differential equations”, Grant no. FDCT/001/2013/A, from FDCT
- “High order numerical methods of partial differential equations” Grant no. MYRG2015-00064-FST, from University of Macau
- “High order schemes of fractional differential equations”, Gran no. 010/2015/A, from FDCT
- “Linearized methods of nonlinear fractional differential equations and related problems” Grant no. 050/2017/A, from FDCT
- "Efficient numerical methods for fractional differential equations and tensor analysis" Grant no. MYRG2017-00098-FST, from University of Macau
(“*” denotes top 5.5% (or above) ranking journals according to JCR@2017)
(“**” denotes top 10% (or above) ranking journals according to JCR@2017)
Paper indexed by Web of Science:
- *S. Vong, T. Yang & C. Zhu (2003). Compressible Navier-Stokes equations with degenerate viscosity coefficient and vacuum (II), Journal of Differential Equations, Vol. 192, pp. 475-501. [Rank=17/309=5.5% @Mathematics]
- *S. Vong (2006). The Boltzmann equation with frictional force, Journal of Differential Equations, Vol. 222, pp. 95-136. [Rank=17/309=5.5% @Mathematics]
- L. Lin & S. Vong (2006). A note on the existence and nonexistence of globally bounded classical solutions for nonisentropic gas, Acta Mathematica Scientia, Vol. 26B, No. 3, pp. 537-540.
- C. Cheng, X. Jin, S. Vong & W. Wang (2007). A note on spectra of optimal and superoptimal preconditioned matrices, Linear Algebra Appl. 422, 482-485.
- S. Vong & X. Jin (2007). Unitarily Invariant Norms of Toeplitz Matrices with Fisher-Hartwig Singularities, SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 850–854.
- S. Vong, W. Wang & X. Jin (2008). Convergence Analysis of Superoptimal PCG Algorithm for Toeplitz Sys ems with a Fisher-Hartwig Singularity, Linear Algebra Appl., Vol. 428, pp. 535-549.
- S. Vong and X. Jin (2008), Proof of Bottcher and Wenzel's Conjecture, Operators and Matrices, Vol. 2, pp. 435-442.
- C. Cheng, S. Vong, and D.Wenzel (2010), Commutators with maximal Frobenius norm, Linear Algebra Appl., 432, pp. 292-306.
- H. Pang, Y. Zhang, S. Vong, X. Jin (2011), Circulant preconditioners for pricing options, Linear Algebra Appl., Vol. 434, pp. 2325-2342.
- S. Vong, Z. Bai, and X. Jin (2011), A Ulm-like Method for Inverse Singular Value Problems, SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl., 32, pp. 412-429, 2011.
- *S. Vong (2011), On a generalization of Aczel's inequality, Appl. Math. Lett., 24, pp. 1301-1307, 2011. [Rank=14/252=5.5% @Mathematics, applied]]
- S. Vong (2011), A note on some Ostrowski-like type inequalities, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 62, pp. 532-535, 2011.
- S. Vong, H. Pang, X. Jin, A high-order difference scheme for the generalized Cattaneo equation, East Asian J. Appl. Math., 2 (2012) 170-184.
- *Z. Wang^, S. Vong, On some Ostrowski-like type inequalities involving n knots, Appl. Math. Lett., 26 (2013), 296–300. [Rank=14/252=5.5% @Mathematics, applied]
- S. Vong, Q. Meng, S. Lei, On a discrete-time collocation method for the nonlinear Schrödinger equation with wave operator, Numer. Meth. Part. Diff. Equ., 29 (2013), 693--705.
- S. Vong, Positive solutions of singular fractional differential equations with integral boundary conditions, Mathematical and Computer Modelling 57 (2013), 1053–1059.
- Z. Wang^, S. Vong, A Gauss-Newton-like Method for Inverse Eigenvalue Problems, Int. J. Comput. Math., 90(7) (2013), 1435–1447.
- **Z. Wang^, S. Vong, On some generalizations of an Ostrowski-Gruss type integral inequality, Appl. Math. Comput., 229 (2014), 239–244. Rank=21/252=8.3% @Mathematics, applied]
- S. Vong, Z. Wang^, Compact Finite Difference Scheme for the Fourth-Order Fractional Subdiffusion System, Adv. Appl. Math. Mech., 6(4) (2014), 419—435.
- W. Li, S. Vong, X. Peng, On eigenvalue perturbation bounds for Hermitian block tridiagonal matrices, Appl. Numer. Math., 83 (2014), 38–50.
- S. Vong, X. Jin, and J. Wang, The mediating morphism of the multilinear optimal map, East Asian J. Appl. Math., 4 (2014), 82--87.
- Z. Wang^, S. Vong, A high-order exponential ADI scheme for two dimensional time fractional convection-diffusion equations, Comput. Math. Appl., 68(3) (2014), 185–196.
- *S. Vong, Z. Wang^, A compact difference scheme for a two dimensional fractional Klein-Gordon equation with Neumann boundary conditions. J. Comput. Phys., 274 (2014), 268–282. [Rank=3/55=5.5% @ Physics, Mathematical]
- S. Vong, Z. Wang^, High order difference schemes for a time fractional differential equation with Neumann boundary conditions, East Asian J. Appl. Math., 4(3) (2014), 222–241.
- *Z. Wang^, S. Vong, Compact difference schemes for the modified anomalous fractional sub-diffusion equation and the fractional diffusion-wave equation. J. Comput. Phys., 277 (2014), 1–15. [Rank=3/55=5.5% @ Physics, Mathematical]
- W. Qu, S. Lei, S. Vong ,Circulant and skew-circulant splitting iteration for fractional advection-diffusion equations. Int. J. Comput. Math., 91(10) (2014), 2232–2242.
- Z. Wang^, S. Vong, A high order ADI scheme for the two-dimensional time fractional diffusion-wave equation, Int. J. Comput. Math., 92(5) (2015), 970—997.
- *S. Vong, Z. Wang^, A high order compact finite difference scheme for time fractional Fokker-Planck equations. Appl. Math. Lett., 43 (2015), 38–43. [Rank=14/252=5.5% @Mathematics, applied]
- S. Vong, Z. Wang^, A high-order compact scheme for the nonlinear fractional Klein-Gordon equation. Numer. Meth. Part. Diff. Equ., 31(2015), no. 3, 706–722.
- H. Fok^, S. Vong, Generalizations of some Hermite-Hadamard-type inequalities. Indian J. Pure Appl. Math. 46 (2015), no. 3, 359–370.
- S. Vong, Z. Wang^, A compact ADI scheme for the two dimensional time fractional diffusion-wave equation in polar coordinates, Numer. Meth. Part. Diff. Equ., 31(5) (2015), 1692–1712.
- W. Li, D. Liu, S. Vong, Z-eigenpair bounds for an irreducible nonnegative tensor, Linear Algebra Appl., 483 (2015), 182–199.
- C. Cheng, X. Jin, S. Vong, A survey on the Böttcher-Wenzel conjecture and related problems, Oper. Matrices, 9(3) (2015) , 659–673.
- T. Chen, W. Li, X. Wu, S. Vong, Error bounds for linear complementarity problems of MB -matrices. Numer. Algor. , 70(2) (2015), 341–356.
- *W. Li, Z. Xie, S. Vong, Sensitivity analysis for the symplectic QR factorization. J. Franklin Inst. 353(5) (2016), 1186–1205. [Rank=5/103=4.8% @ Mathematics, interdisciplinar appliactions]
- S. Vong, P. Lyu^, Z. Wang^, A compact difference scheme for fractional sub-diffusion equations with the spatially variable coefficient under Neumann boundary conditions. J. Sci. Comput. 66(2) (2016), 725–739.
- Z. Wang^, S. Vong, S. Lei, Finite difference schemes for two-dimensional time-space fractional differential equations. Int. J. Comput. Math., 93(3) (2016), 578–595.
- S. Vong, P. Lyu^, X. Chen, S.L. Lei, High order finite difference method for time-space fractional differential equations with Caputo and Riemann-Liouville derivatives, Numer. Algor., 72 (2016), 195--210.
- Z. Wang^, S. Vong, A compact difference scheme for a two dimensional nonlinear fractional Klein–Gordon equation in polar coordinates, Comput. Math. Appl., 71(12) (2016), 2524–2540.
- L. Guo^, Z. Wang^, S. Vong, Fully discrete local discontinuous Galerkin methods for some time-fractional fourth-order problems, Int. J. Comput. Math., 93(10) (2016), 1665--1682.
- H.L. Liao, P. Lyu^, S. Vong, Y. Zhao, Stability of fully discrete schemes with interpolation-type fractional formulas for distributed-order subdiffusion equations, Numer. Algor., 75(4) (2017), 845—878.
- H. Zheng, W. Li, S. Vong, A relaxation modulus-based matrix splitting iteration method for solving linear complementarity problems, Numer. Algor., 74 (2017), 137–152.
- *S. Vong, P. Lyu^, On numerical contour integral method for fractional diffusion equations with variable coefficients, Appl. Math. Lett., 64 (2017), 137–142. Rank=14/252=5.5% @Mathematics, applied]
- *W. Li, S. Vong, On the variation of the spectrum of a Hermitian matrix, Appl. Math. Lett., 65 (2017), 70–76. Rank=14/252=5.5% @Mathematics, applied]
- W. Li, D. Liu^, M. Ng, S. Vong, The uniqueness of multilinear PageRank vectors, Numer. Linear Algebra Appl., (2017), DOI: 10.1002/nla.2107
- H. Zheng, S. Vong, W. Li, On perturbation bounds of the linear complementarity problem, Linear and Multilinear Algebra, (2017), http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03081087.2017.1312682
- H.L. Liao, P. Lyu^, S. Vong, Second-order BDF time approximation for Riesz space-fractional diffusion equations, Int. J. Comput. Math., DOI: 10.1080/00207160.20171366461
- S. Vong, C.Y. Shi^, P. Lyu^, High-order compact schemes for fractional differential equations with mixed derivatives, Numer. Meth. Part. Diff. Equ., DOI: 10.1002/NUM.22183.
- P. Lyu^, S. Vong, A linearized second-order scheme for nonlinear time fractional Klein-Gordon type equations, Numer. Algor., https://doi.org/10.1007/s11075-017-0385-y
- D. Liu^, W. Li, S. Vong, The tensor splitting with application to solve multi-linear systems, J. Comput. Appl. Math., https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cam.2017.08.009
- D. Liu^, W. Li, S. Vong, Tensor complementarity problems: the GUS-property and an algorithm, Linear and Multilinear Algebra, https://doi.org/10.1080/03081087.2017.1369929
- X. Lu, H.-K. Pang, H.-W. Sun, S. Vong, Approximate inversion method for time-fractional sub-diffusion equations, to appear in Numer. Linear Algebra Appl.
- *P. Lyu^, S. Vong, linearized second-order fnite diﬀerence scheme for time fractional generalized BBM equation, Applied Mathematics Letters, 78 (2018) 16–23 [Rank=14/252=5.5% @Mathematics, applied]
- P. Lyu^, S. Vong, Z. Wang, A Finite Difference Method for Boundary Value Problems of a Caputo Fractional Differential Equation, East Asian Journal on Applied Mathematics, Vol. 7, No. 4, 752-766
- W. Li, W. Liu, S Vong, Some bounds for H-eigenpairs and Z-eigenpairs of a tensor, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 342 (2018), 37–57
- W. Li, Y. Chen, S. Vong, Q. Luo, Some refined bounds for the perturbation of the orthogonal projection and the generalized inverse, Numerical Algorithms, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11075-018-0473-7
- X.-S. Chen, S. Vong, W. Li, H. Xu, Noda iterations for generalized eigenproblems following Perron-Frobenius theory, Numerical Algorithms, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11075-018-0512-4
- S. Vong, P. Lyu^, Unconditional Convergence in Maximum-Norm of a Second-Order Linearized Scheme for a Time-Fractional Burgers-Type Equation, Journal of Scientific Computing, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10915-018-0659-0
- P. Lyu^, S. Vong, A linearized and second-order unconditionally convergent scheme for coupled time fractional Klein-Gordon-Schrödinger equation, Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, https://doi.org/10.1002/num.22282
- S. Vong, D. Liu^, An inertial Mann algorithm for nonexpansive mappings, Journal of Fixed Point Theory Appl. (2018) 20: 102. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11784-018-0583-9
- H. Zheng, S. Vong, Improved convergence theorems of the two-step modulus-based matrix splitting and synchronous multisplitting iteration methods for solving linear, Linear and Multilinear Algebra, https://doi.org/10.1080/03081087.2018.1470602
- W. Li, W.-H. Liu, S. Vong, On the Z-eigenvalue bounds for a tensor, Numer. Math. Theor. Meth. Appl. Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 810-826
- W. Li, D. Liu, S. Vong, Comparison results for splitting iterations for solving multi-linear systems, Applied Numerical Mathematics, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apnum.2018.07.009
- H. Zheng, S. Vong, L. Liu, The relaxation modulus-based matrix splitting iteration method for solving a class of nonlinear complementarity problems. International Journal of Computer Mathematics, https://doi.org/10.1080/00207160.2018.1504928
- H. Zheng, S. Vong, The modulus-based nonsmooth Newton’s method for solving a class of nonlinear complementarity problems of P-matrices. Calcolo, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10092-018-0279-y [Rank=23/309=7.4% @Mathematics]
Papers indexed by Scopus:
- Z. Bai, X. Jin, and S. Vong, On Some Inverse Singular Value Problems with Toeplitz-Related Structure, Numerical Algebra, Control and Optimization, 2 (2012) 187-192.
- W. Qu, S. Lei, S. Vong, A note on the stability of a second order finite difference scheme for space fractional diffusion equations. Numer. Algebra Control Optim. 4 (2014), no. 4, 317–325.
- W. Li, W.H. Liu, S. Vong, On the bound of the eigenvalue in module for a positive tensor, J. Operations Research Society of China, 5 (2017), 123--129.
- X. Jin and S. Vong, An Introduction to Applied Matrix Analysis, Higher Education Press, Beijing; and World Scientific, Singapore, 2016, xiii+130 pages. ISBN 978-981-4749-46-6. [A copy of this Book is exhibited in E1 (University Gallery) of UM]
- X. Jin, H. Sun and S. Vong (2011), Recent Advances in Scientific Computing and Matrix Analysis, International Press, Boston, Somerville
Conference Papers and Book Contributions
- S. Vong (1998). On the Vacuum State for the Equations of Isentropic Gas Dynamics II, Proceedings of Luso-Chinese Symposium on Nonlinear Evolution Equations and their Applications, Macao.
- S. Vong, W. Wang and X. Jin (2006). A Note on the Complexity of the PCG Algorithm for Solving Toeplitz Systems with a Fisher-Hartwig Singularity, Proceedings of Computational Methods in Engineering and Science (EPMESC) X,Hainan,China.
- Y. Zhang, S. Vong and X. Jin, A Family of Generating Functions with An Application in Finance, Proceedings of the 4th East AsiaSIAM Conference, Daejeon, Korea, MINS, October 2008, pp. 7-14.
- S. Vong, A bound on spectrum of circulant preconditioned elliptic operators, Recent Advances in Computational Mathematics, Higher Education Press, Beijing & International Press of Boston, Somerville, 2008, pp. 163-172.
- Z. Li, S. Vong, Y. Wei, and X. Jin, Some Results on Condition Numbers, Handbook of Optimization Theory: Decision Analysis and Applications (Mathematics Research Developments), pp. 577-586. Eds: J. Varela and S. Acuña, Nova Science Pub., 2011.
- Cheang Ka Hang (2010)
- Fok Hou Kei (2012)
- Wang Zhi Bo (2013), (FDCT student prize winner)
- Lyu Pin (2015)
- Guo Li (2015)
- Shi Chenyang (2017)
- Wang Zhi Bo (2015)
- Lyu Pin (2018)
- Liu Dongdong (2018)
- Shi Chenyang (on going)
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Macau, E11
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa,
Telephone: (853) 8822-4359
Fax: (853) 8822-2426