Keng Weng LAO
Lecturer (UM Macao Fellow)
Academic Qualifications |
Award and Honor |
- Ph.D in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau, Macao, China (2016)
- M.Sc in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau, Macao, China (2012)
- BSc in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau, Macao, China (2009)
Award and Honor
- Recipient Candidate of Macao Science and Technology R&D for Postgraduates Award (2016)
- 1st Runner-up of “The 13th National Inter-varsity Science and Technology Competition “Challenge Cup” (2013)
- Champion of Postgraduate Section in The IET Young Professionals Exhibition and Competition 2013 (YPEC) (2013)
- Champion of “Schneider (HK) Energy Efficiency Cup” Competition (2010)
- 1st Runner-up of The “Beijing-Macau Young Scholars Green Home Technology Forum” (2010)
- Recipient of “Companhia de Electricidade de Macau - CEM, S.A. Academic Prize” (2009)
- Man-Chung Wong, Ning-Yi Dai, Keng-Weng Lao, Chi-Kong Wong, “Single-phase power quality conditioner for power supply system in electrified Railway”, Chinese Patent for Invention, No. 201210051065.X.
- Power Electronics and Power Converters
- Smart grid and Advanced Metering Infrastructure
- Railway Traction Power Supply
- Renewable Power Integration
- Power Quality and Compensation Techniques
Projects funded by The Science and Technology Development Fund
- “A Novel Electric Traction Power Supply System based on Unified Power Quality Compensators in High Power Applications” (Research Student, 2010-2016)
- Keng-Weng Lao; Man-Chung Wong; Ning-Yi Dai, Chi-Seng Lam; Lei Wang; Chi-Kong Wong, “Analysis in the effect of Co-phase Traction Railway HPQC coupled impedance on its compensation capability and Impedance-Mapping design technique based on required compensation capability for reduction in operation voltage”, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 2016 (Accepted for Publication)
- Keng-Weng Lao, Man-Chung Wong, NingYi Dai, Chi-Kong Wong, and Chi-Seng Lam, "Analysis of DC link operation voltage of a hybrid railway power quality conditioner and its PQ compensation capability in high speed Co-phase traction power supply", IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol: 31, Issue: 2, pp: 1643-1656, 2016.
- Dai, N.; Lao, K.; Lam, C., “Hybrid railway power conditioner with partial compensation for converter rating reduction”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol: 51 Issue: 5, pp: 4130-4138, 2015.
- Keng-Weng Lao ; Man-Chung Wong ; NingYi Dai ; Chi-Kong Wong ; Chi-Seng Lam, “A Systematic Approach to Hybrid Railway Power Conditioner Design With Harmonic Compensation for High-Speed Railway”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol: 62 , no: 2, pp: 930 – 942, 2015.
- NingYi Dai, Man-Chung Wong, Keng-Weng Lao, and Chi-Kong Wong, “Modelling and control of a railway power conditioner in co-phase traction power system under partial compensation”, IET Power Electronics, vol.7, no.5, pp 1044-1054, 2014.
- Keng-Weng Lao, Ning-Yi Dai, Wei-Gang Liu, Man-Chung Wong , “Hybrid power quality compensator with minimum dc operation voltage design for high-speed traction power systems”, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol.28, no. 4, pp. 2024 –2036, Apr. 2013.
- Ning-Yi Dai, Keng-Weng Lao, Man-Chung Wong, Chi-Kong Wong, “Hybrid power quality conditioner for co-phase power supply system in electrified railway”, IET Power Electronics, vol.5, no. 7, pp. 1084 – 1094, Aug 2012.
- Lei Wang; Chi-Seng Lam; Man-Chung Wong; Ning-Yi Dai; Keng-Weng Lao; Chi-Kong Wong, “Non-linear adaptive hysteresis band pulse-width modulation control for hybrid active power filters to reduce switching loss”, IET Power Electronics, vol: 8, issue:11, pp:2156-2167, 2015.
- NingYi Dai, Keng-Weng Lao, Chi-Seng Lam, “Hybrid railway power conditioner with partial compensation for rating optimization”, 2014 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, Sept. 2014, pp. 5908 – 5915.
- Keng-Weng Lao, Man-Chung Wong, Ning-Yi Dai, Chi-Kong Wong, “Design of LCL filter for harmonic suppression in co-phase railway power quality conditioner”, The IEEE International Future Energy Electronics Conference 2013 (IFEEC 2013), Tainan, Taiwan, Nov. 2013, pp. 794-799.
- Ning-Yi Dai, Keng-Weng Lao, Man-Chung Wong, “A hybrid railway power conditioner for traction power supply system”, The 2013 28th Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), Long Beach, CA, USA, Mar. 2013, pp. 1326 –1331.
- Keng-Weng Lao, Ning-Yi Dai, Wei-Gang Liu, Man-Chung Wong, Chi-Kong Wong, “Modeling and control of railway static power conditioner compensation based on power quality standards”, The 13th IEEE Workshop on Control and Modeling for Power Electronics (COMPEL 2012), Kyoto, Japan, Jun. 2012, pp. 1 – 6.
- Secretary and Publication Chair of 2015 IEEE Region 10 Conference (TENCON 2015)
- IEEE Transations on Power Electronics
- IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid
- IEEE Transactions on Industry Application
- International Journal of Emerging Electric Power Systems (IJEEPS)
- Committee Member in IEEE Macau (2010-Present)
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Macau, E11
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa,
Telephone: (853) 8822-4896
Fax: (853) 8822-2426