Greetings from the FST Exchange Program! As the second semester has just started, it is time for an update with the latest news of the 2011/2012 academic year.
During the summer break we received the visit of Dr. Mohamed Amal from Universidade de Blumenau, Brazil (FURB) to support and promote our exchange program with them. We also received Prof. Achim Karduck and Prof. Monika Frey-Luxemberger from Furtwangen University, Germany with whom FST has an active student exchange since 2006.
Regarding students, on the incoming side we received a total of 19 students from four universities, while on the outgoing side six students went overseas to universities in Germany and China.
In the first semester:
- The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering received one student from Universidade de Blumenau (FURB), Brazil and another one from Xian Jiatong University, China. The Department of Computer and Information Science received two students from FURB, and another one from Xian Jiatong University, China, and the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering received three students from Wuhan University, China.
- Four students of the Department of Computer and Information Science went to Furtwangen University, Germany for one semester of courses at the Faculty of Computer Science there.
In the current semester:
- The Department of Computer and Information Science this semester received a record number of ten students from Furtwangen University (HFU), Germany, and the Department of Electromechanical Engineering received a further two students from HFU.
- The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering received the first student to join DCEE from Universidade de Blumenau (FURB), Brazil.
- One student of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering went to Tongji University, China and one student of the Department of Mathematics went to Fudan University, China.
If this has made you interested in the FST student exchange opportunities, please check more information on our website: http://www.fst.umac.mo/en/exchange/index.html
Dr. Mohamed Amal – FURB Coordinator of the International Relations Office.
João Altenburg (left), Gisele Locatelli (middle) and Rafael Nunes (right) from FURB.
Roy Tang (left), Vincent Lei (2nd right) and Jacky Wong (right) with their German professor at HFU.