||Weng Fai IP, Andy
Associate Master and Chief of Students in SHEAC
Academic Qualifications |
Academic activities |
Selected Publications |
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science, University of Manchester, England (2008)
- M.Sc. in Environmental Science, HKUST, Hong Kong (2000)
- B.Sc. in Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge, England (1997)
- Chemistry (CHEM101)
- Physcial Chemistry (CHEM110)
- Wonders in Life Science and Health: Environmental Biology (ICMS213)
- Introduction to Environmental Studies (HIST360)
- Pollution level prediction; Optimization of resources allocation; Environmental chemical analysis.
- Chief of Student Development at East Asia College, University of Macau since 2010;
- Co-organizer chemistry competition for secondary school student (Macao) since 2007;
- Competition reviewer for the “General knowledge competition” organized by Delta Asia Society for Social & Cultural Development since 2003;
- Organizing committee member for “Macao fun science for secondary school”, 2001 – 2004; Judge for the competition since 2001;
- Judge for “Macao juvenile innovation competition”, since 2009
- FST teaching award (2004)
Refereed journal papers and proceedings
Refereed journal papers:
- Vong, C. M., Wong, P. K., & Weng, F. Ip, Support Vector Classification using Domain Knowledge and Extracted Pattern Features for Diagnosis of Engine Ignition Systems. Journal of The Chinese Society of Mechanical Engineers (SCI-E) Accepted for Publication.
- Paolo G. Mussone, Andy W. F. Ip, Sven L. M. Schroeder, Brent S. Murray, and Aline F. Miller Irreversible Collapse of Poly(vinyl stearate) Monolayers at the Air-Water Interface Langmuir 23 (2007) 3766-3773.
- Yang Hang, Simon Fong, Andy Ip, Sabah Mohammed, Case-based and Stream-based Classification in Biomedical Application, The Eighth IASTED International Conference on Biomedical Engineering (Biomed 2011), 16-18 February 2011, Innsbruck, Austria, Accepted for Publication
- Simon Fong, Andy Ip, Sabah Mohammed, A Multi-Level Biomedical Classification Model By Using Abstraction And Aggregation Techniques, The Eighth IASTED International Conference on Biomedical Engineering (Biomed 2011), 16-18 February 2011, Innsbruck, Austria, Accepted for Publication
- Andy Ip, Simon Fong, Elaine Liu, Optimization for Allocating BEV Recharging Stations in Urban Areas by Using Hierarchical Clustering, The 2nd International Conference on Data Mining and Intelligent Information Technology Applications (ICMIA 2010), 30 November - 2 December 2010, Seoul, Korea, Accepted for Publication
- Wong, P. K., Vong, C. M., IP, W.F, & WONG, H.C (08/2010). Predictive Air-Ratio Controller for Automotive Engines based on Online Neural Network: design and experimental evaluation. Proceedings of 9th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Computer and Information Science. Japan.
- Vong, C. M., Wong, P. K., & IP, W.F. (08/2010). Case-based Classification System with Clustering for Automotive Engine Spark Ignition Diagnosis. Proceedings of 9th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Computer and Information Science. Japan.
- Ip, W.F., Vong, C. M., & Wong, P. K. (08/2010). Least Squares Support Vector Prediction for Daily Atmospheric Pollutant Level. Proceedings of 9th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Computer and Information Science. Japan.
- IP, W.F., Vong, C. M., & Wong, P. K. (20/06/2010). Forecasting daily ambient air pollution based on least squares support vector machines . 2010 IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation (ICIA). Heilongjiang.
- W. F. Ip, (2000, April), Introduction of the El Nino Effect, New generation, Macau, 4th issue.
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Macau, E11
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa,
Telephone: (853) 8822-4355
Fax: (853) 8822-2426
Personal Homepage: http://www.cis.umac.mo/~fstai